Typical Reasons Why Your Check Engine Light Could Be On
To keep your car running safely and efficiently it is important to keep up with the general maintenance of it. One of the most important things to keep up with is the check engine light. The check engine light is designed to inform drivers when parts of the vehicle are damaged. These are a few of the more common reasons why your check engine light may show up on your dashboard.
- It is time to replace your oxygen sensor
- The gas cap may need to be tightened or replaced
- The spark plugs may need to be replaced
- The catalytic converter may be damaged and in need of repair
- The mass air flow sensor may be malfunctioning
These are just a few of the typical reasons why your check engine light may be on. It can be a small issue or a serious issue so it is important to have it checked. For diagnosing why your check engine light is on, contact our service department today and speak with one of our knowledgeable technicians.